For kids, robots are the stuff of the future and science fiction, they are drawn to them. Unlike memorizing textbooks and regurgitating information, kids are instantly engaged and actually want to learn and experiment with robots. And best of all, they’re not just learning about robotics, they are learning engineering, math, programming and general science concepts such as sensors.
Named to reflect an “inventive spirit,” Edison Robot is the result of a genuine passion for innovation and a vision to make electronics, engineering, robotics and programming accessible to as many people as possible.
These LEGO® compatible educational robots are clean, safe, reusable, expandable and robust, providing students across all grade levels, from ages 5+, with a range of combinations, and possibilities.
Along Edison’s face are Lego-compatible plates that allow the Edison robots to be scaled up into sophisticated creations, or even combined and doubled up for a more complicated system.
Each Edison robot features a host of sensors and can be programmed using a growing number of FREE software applications:
- EdBlocks – a fully graphical robot programming language that is super easy to use. A drag-and-drop block-based system, EdBlocks is intuitive and fun, even for younger users. Perfect for introducing anyone to programming, EdBlocks is ideal for students aged 8 to 12 years old.
- EdWare – a hybrid graphical robot programming software (similar to Scratch), combines drag-and-drop graphical icons with increased functionality from text-based entry, making programming fun and easy to learn!
- EdPy – the easy to learn, high readability and very popular Python programming language. EdPy teaches a real life programming language and makes text-based programming fun and easy!
Each programmable Edison robot interacts with the world via infra-red (IR) transmitters and receivers, line tracking, barcode reading, playing sounds and music, plus sound detection. It’s also equipped with two motors with variable speeds, left and right red LED lights and three control buttons.
One Edison can communicate with another over IR, with the units also able to be programmed by and controlled with TV and DVD remotes.
Each bot is powered by a set of AAA batteries.
These LEGO® compatible robots are designed to provide learners with an opportunity to experiment and grow their knowledge, explore their imagination, cultivate their innovativeness and have fun without expensive tools and excessive investment.
- Affordable and available in single or value-packs for a full class set
- Programmable – Multiple FREE programming languages, graphical and text based
- LEGO® compatible – Modular and easily expandable
- Easy to use – With many pre-programmed functions activated by included barcode cards
- Remote control – Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls